The Best Sheets on AmazonUpdated on September 21, 2020 While all product recommendations are chosen independently, we may receive compensation for purchases made through our site. Learn more about our affiliate program here.
This guide to finding the best bed sheets on Amazon considers several important features that can help give you a good night’s sleep. Considering how much time you spend in bed, you need a comfortable material that fits your sleeping style. Silky and breathable sheets are perfect for hot sleepers, while heavyweight sheets can keep you cozy in the coldest climates.
Construction, materials, and ease-of-use are crucial, but you also want to invest in a product you can trust. You can look at long-respected brand names, safety certifications, and even free sleep trials that can give you confidence in your purchase. This guide will focus on each feature of four Amazon sheet sets, and help you navigate your way to the best choice for you.
Our Top Picks
|Percale Cotton Sheets||-Five-star hotel quality-100% cotton -OEKO-TEX certified||$89.99|
|Fine Linen Sheet Set||-Hypoallergenic and mite resistant -Comes with double pillowcases -Competitive pricing||$34.99|
|Microfiber Sheet Set||-Budget-friendly -39 color and pattern options -Brushed microfiber for silky feel -Lifetime warranty||$24.70|
|Cotton Flannel Sheets||-1200 thread count Egyptian cotton -Monogramming available -30-day trial and 365-day limited warranty||$76.99|
Peru Pima Percale Cotton Sheets
Why We Like it
- Often used in luxury hotels
- Made of 100% Peruvian cotton
- 415- thread count for silky soft and breathable material
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified
Peru Pima has been manufacturing premium sheets for over 30 years. This set of Peruvian cotton sheets is the same luxury material used in upscale hotels like the Marriott, Hilton, and Weston.
The unique percale weave helps make this a stay-cool sheet. The durable and breathable fabric is machine washable, and they will get smoother after each wash. The set includes a flat sheet, two pillowcases, and a 14-inch deep pocket fitted sheet. They feature an elegant four-inch hem with tight stitching for an extra-durable finish.
The 415-thread count cotton sheets are certified by OEKO-TEX Standard 100, which ensures they are free of harmful chemicals and synthetics. This is the top of the line product for customers looking for silky soft sheets who doesn’t mind paying a premium price.
Southshore Fine Linens Sheet Set
Why We Like it
- Double brushed microfiber materials
- Includes twice the normal amount of pillowcases (two for twin and four for larger sizes)
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- Affordable pricing
Southshore Fine Linen Sheet Set is an excellent choice for customers who have extra-thick mattresses and want a good value for their purchase. This microfiber sheet set comes with six pieces (4 pieces for twin sizes), while still beating the price of most of the competition.
A notable feature of these sheets is the extra-deep pocket sheet. The fitted sheet is 21-inches deep for the thickest mattresses, and the set also includes a flat sheet and four pillowcases. Southshore sheets are available in 19 different colors and mattress sizes from twin to California king. Breathable double-brushed microfiber is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites.
The lightweight sheets are machine washable with resistance to fading, shrinking, and wrinkles. Southshore includes a 30-day guarantee for a full refund if you do not like the product and a one-year warranty for any defects.
Mellanni Microfiber Sheet Set
Why We Like it
- Most affordable option
- Available in 39 different styles
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant
- No-questions-asked lifetime warranty
The Mellanni Microfiber sheets set itself apart from other bedding sets thanks to its budget-friendly pricing. This product is the most affordable sheet set option while still performing on par with luxury brands.
This set also offers the widest variety of the sheets on Amazon. There are 39 different color and design options that are available in every mattress size from twin to split king. The silky bedding is made from 100% polyester. It is a four-piece set that includes two pillowcases, a flat sheet, and fitted sheet—which has elastic all-around to keep in place while you sleep.
These highly-reviewed sheets are easy to clean, and the material is resistant to fading, stains, shrinking, and wrinkling. Another excellent feature that Mellanni offers is a comprehensive lifetime warranty, which is incredible considering the low cost.
Pinzon Signature Cotton Flannel Sheet Set
Why We Like it
- Heavyweight construction for cold weather
- Made from 100% cotton
- 17-inch deep pocket for the fitted sheet
- 190 GSM (grams per square meter) flannel
Pinzon Signature heavyweight blankets are the perfect choice to stay warm in harsh winters or for anyone who likes the coziness of flannel. This sheet set is imported from Portugal and made from 100% cotton, which gives you a warm and velvety texture while maintaining the breathability of cotton sheets.
There are 11 different colors and design choices, all available for a queen, king, or California king-sized bed. These 190-gram heavyweight sheets are strong and durable thanks to the combed cotton construction. The set includes a flat sheet, two pillowcases—all with an elegant four-inch hem—and a fitted sheet. On top of the high-quality feel, the bedding is made in an OEKO-TEX certified facility which guarantees the highest safety standards.
The entire sheet set is machine washable. The material gets softer with each wash and is made to be wrinkle-resistant, low static, and resists pilling. The Amazon-owned brand offers a 90-day warranty covering any manufacturing defects.
Amazon Sheets Buyer’s Guide
Now that we’ve broken down the features that make up our top picks, you should decide which characters are the most important to you. No two people are the same, and we all have preferences that can make specific products a better fit. When you’re reading product descriptions for Amazon bed sheets, these terms and specifics can help you decipher what you want to buy.
Types of Sheets
The look and feel of your sheets is dependent on the material and weave of the fabric. Each type of sheet has its upsides as well as some negative points. Knowing the difference can help you choose between the best sheets on Amazon.
- Bamboo: Bamboo sheets are made through a not-so environmentally friendly process. Bamboo pulp is mixed with harsh chemicals to turn it into a thread; there is no trace of these chemicals after the sheets are finished. The fabric is silky and durable. The breathability is comparable to cotton sheets while the feel and pricing are most similar to silk.
- Cotton: Cotton is one of the most common materials used to make bedding. The material stays cool, gets softer overtime, is breathable, and easy to care for. Being made of 100% cotton is a good selling point because a lot of manufacturers use a blend of cotton and other materials to help cut costs. Cotton is a great choice for most sleepers thanks to the wide variety of manufacturing. It can be made into thin and soft sheets or thick flannel for colder nights.
- Egyptian Cotton: While sharing many similarities with regular cotton, Egyptian cotton has slightly different characteristics. The main difference is the type of plant that the material is harvested from. Egyptian cotton is handpicked, which allows the fibers to be made longer and produce a finer and more consistent finish. While being softer and having more breathability than regular cotton, Egyptian cotton is also much more expensive.
- Linen: Crafted from flax plants, linen is a popular bedding material. Like cotton, linen allows airflow through its fabric, which helps make it a great choice for thin summer sheets. Its stand-out characteristic is that linen is completely anti-allergenic. This makes it perfect for children and people with skin diseases. One problem is that linen is prone to wrinkling. This wrinkling often gives the sheets a “lived-in” look, which some customers enjoy.
- Percale: A percale weave is a crisscross pattern, which is the most common type of bedsheet weave. The fibers are arranged so each side has the same amount of surface threads. Percale is durable and lightweight, although it can have a rougher feel than other weaves.
- Sateen: Sateen is a weave style often found in premium bedding. The sheets will have more fibers along the surface, which means it will feel smoother and have a shine. This is typically more expensive than percale weave, and can also be prone to snagging.
- Tencel: Tencel is a material that has gained popularity over the past few years. This environmentally-friendly material comes from a sustainable and fast-growing tree and its created without any chemicals. Tencel is soft and cool, though the slick texture may be a turn off for some. It is also susceptible to mildew and can be more expensive than Pima or Egyptian cotton.
What to Look for When Buying Sheets on Amazon
There are so many different things to consider when you’re looking for new bed sheets. You need a product that will accommodate your sleeping style while also being easy to use and is within your budget. Since you can’t physically examine the sheets you buy on Amazon, these categories are the most important to read when looking online.