Black Friday Mattress Sales
Despite its ominous name, Black Friday is a day full of excitement. Coming the day after Thanksgiving, it brings people out of a post-turkey slumber to find some of the best shopping deals of the year. For all kinds of retail products, there are huge sales, and the mattress industry is no exception.
But while historically Black Friday has been a day to go out to stores, if you’re looking for a mattress your best bet is usually online. Not only is it easier and more convenient to shop online, but you can access a broader range of discounts to find the best value.
If you’re wondering where to start for buying a mattress this year on Black Friday, look no further. We’ll walk you through the ins-and-outs of buying a mattress online and will highlight the top picks for the best Black Friday mattress sales.
The Very Best Black Friday Mattress Deals
20% OFF all mattresses
(Sale runs 11/13 - 11/20)
$125 OFF any mattress + 2 free pillows
(Sale runs 11/16 - 12/5)
$125 OFF any Layla mattress + 2 free Eli & Elm Pillows
(Sale runs 11/16 - 12/2)
$160 OFF any Leesa mattress + 1 free pillow
$225 OFF any Sapira mattress + 1 free pillow
(Sale runs 11/13 - 12/5)
$200 OFF any DreamCloud mattress
(Sale runs 11/13 - 12/5)
10% OFF entire order when you buy any Casper mattress
Use Code: COZY10
(Sale runs 11/18 - 11/26)
$100 OFF any Purple mattress + free Purple Blanket
(Sale runs 11/19 - 11/26)
Why Buy a Mattress Online?
It may seem unconventional to some, but buying a mattress online is becoming more and more popular every day. Instead of going to a big box store, shoppers are realizing the huge benefits of buying from the comfort of home. There are several reasons why buying online is the way to go:
- Better value: because they don’t have all the overhead associated with big showrooms, online mattress companies can offer high-quality products at excellent prices. It’s not uncommon to see a comparable mattress online selling for hundreds of dollars less than it would be in a big store.
- Wider selection: in a retail store, there’s only so much space to put different mattress models. As a result, you tend to have limited options, and those options may just be the ones that are most profitable for the store to have on hand. Online, your choices are abundant. You can find mattress of all different types, brands, and price points. Furthermore, this competition online has put a ton of downward pressure on prices and has spurred mattress makers to find new features so that their products stand out.
- You have time to research: with the internet at your fingertips, you can access all the information that you need to make an informed purchase. Our mattress reviews can give you a detailed breakdown about a mattress and whether it’s likely to work for you. You can also use this time to comparison shop and look for additional discounts or coupons.
- No pressure to buy: in a mattress store, it’s normal to have someone looking over your shoulder who is anxious to make a sale. Pushy salespeople can make shopping in stores an uncomfortable experience that doesn’t exist at all when you’re buying online.
- Risk-free sleep trial: the vast majority of mattresses sold online come with free returns during a “sleep trial.” During this period, you can use the mattress in your own bedroom and see how well it works for you, and if you don’t like it, you can have it picked up and get a full refund. Most sleep trials are 100 nights or more, giving you ample time to test the mattress out.
In addition, when it comes to Black Friday, there are two other big reasons to shop online:
- No crowds: you’ve probably seen video of people going crazy for sales on Black Friday with long lines, pushing and shoving, jammed parking lots, and all sorts of other “door busters” shenanigans. If you shop online, you can avoid all of the hassle that comes from the throngs of people out shopping on Black Friday.
- Extended window for sales: in brick-and-mortar stores, the best deals are usually only available on Black Friday itself and often only for a few hours (sometimes even at midnight or in the wee hours of the morning). But online, sales often start the week of Thanksgiving and last at least through Cyber Monday, the well-known e-commerce deals day that falls on the Monday after Thanksgiving. As a result, it’s common to have online mattress sales last for a week or more.
How to Get the Best Mattress Deal on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
One nice thing about shopping for mattresses online is that most companies make their deals clear from the get-go. That said, there are some tips for getting the best value when you do your shopping.
First, look for known brands.
You want to find a mattress with a solid reputation for its performance and durability. Buying from a company with a track record of good customer service also helps to ensure that you get any post-purchase support that you need.
Second, ignore the sticker price.
In the mattress industry, it’s virtually unheard of for a mattress to be sold at its listed retail price. By inflating this number, the size of the discount or deal seems bigger, but it doesn’t actually represent better value.
Third, do your research.
With so many products and so many deals, it’s easy to get overwhelmed on Black Friday. One of the best ways to avoid getting bogged down is by doing some research ahead of time to know about the brands or types of mattresses that have the most appeal. Reading our mattress reviews can give you the key information in an easily digestible format so that you can get up to speed quickly. And if you haven’t had the chance to do any research, you can see our picks for the best deals on the top mattresses.
Buying a New Mattress Online: A 5 Step Process
A mattress is a significant investment and one that will play an important role in your sleep and overall health. But knowing where to start in buying a new one can be intimidating. Here’s a simple 5 step process that can guide you to a great purchase.
Start by thinking about the mattress you have now or have slept on most recently. Ask yourself whether it offered enough comfort and support and if the feel was right for you. Use this experience to identify what the key features would be for you in a new mattress. Also reflect realistically on what your budget is for a new mattress.
Start with our guides and reviews to understand some of the key mattress types and terminology so that you are familiar with the options that are out there. This can give you an overview of materials, prices, features, and other important details that will allow you to compare and contrast available mattresses.
Based on your research, home in on a few options. These could be a few specific brands or a particular mattress type. The important thing at this stage is to reduce your potential choices down so that you can focus more specifically on them.
Find a Deal and Buy
Check online for coupons that are available either directly from the manufacturer or from third-party sites. Keep an eye out for any promotions or even contact the mattress seller directly to ask if there are any active promotional offers. When you find the best price, go ahead and purchase the mattress!
Set It Up and Try It Out
When the mattress gets delivered, set it up in your bedroom and start sleeping on it. Make sure not to make any snap judgments as sometimes it takes a few weeks to get used to a new mattress. After 30 days, ask whether the mattress is delivering the performance you expected. Keep checking in about how you are liking the mattress up until you reach the end of your sleep trial at which point you can decide whether it’s a mattress you want to keep for the long haul.