Gravity Weighted Blanket ReviewUpdated on November 22, 2019 While all product recommendations are chosen independently, we may receive compensation for purchases made through our site. Learn more about our affiliate program here.
Gravity is one of the leading weighted blanket producers. The company rose to popularity in 2017 thanks to a successful marketing campaign. The Gravity Weighted Blanket is constructed to feel luxe, which may also set apart from previous weighted blankets. TIME Magazine included the Gravity weighted blanket in its list of the best inventions of 2018.
While Gravity is best known for its weighted blankets, it also sells other sleep products, including duvet covers, an aromatherapy pillow, a weighted sleep mask, and more.
Gravity currently has four weighted blankets, which includes one travel blanket and three conventional blankets. These blankets include the following:
- Gravity Blanket – The Gravity Blanket is 48 inches by 72 inches. It comes in three weight options: 15 pounds, 20 pounds, and 25 pounds. Two color options are available through Amazon: Grey and Navy. The Gravity website has three color options: Grey, Navy, and White.
- Gravity Queen/King Blanket – The Queen/King Blanket is 90 inches by 90 inches and weighs 35 pounds. It comes in one color: Grey.
- The New Cooling Blanket – The New Cooling Blanket is 72 inches by 48 inches. It is available in three weight options: 15 pounds, 20 pounds, and 25 pounds. This blanket comes in three color options: Grey, Navy, and White.
Each design uses high-quality, fine-grade glass beads and a removable duvet cover.
We’ll describe the construction and performance of these weighted blankets by Gravity. We’ll also detail the potential pros and cons and share additional information that may make it easier to select the best weighted blanket for you.
In-depth Gravity Weighted Blanket Review
Materials and Design Information
Gravity produces three main weighted blankets. Each of these blankets comes in one size option. However, two of the three blankets have multiple weight options. The table below details the materials, dimensions, weights, and colors of these blankets.
|Product||Inner Material||Outer Material||Dimensions||Weight Options||Color Design Options|
|The Gravity Blanket||Fine-grade glass beads||Micro-plush duvet cover||72” x 48”||15, 20, 25 lbs.||Grey, Navy, White|
|Gravity Queen / King Blanket||Fine-grade glass beads||Micro-plush duvet cover||90″ x 90″||35 lbs.||Grey|
|The New Cooling Blanket||Fine-grade glass beads||Cooling fabric duvet cover||72″ x 48″||15, 20, 25 lbs.||Grey, Navy, White|
Prices of weighted blankets run the gamut, but most fall into the $100 to $300 range. These price differences are due predominantly to variations in construction, materials, size, and weight. The best price point for you depends on your preferences and budget. Lower-priced weighted blankets can feel comfortable for both your body and your budget. Higher-priced options often have more durable constructions and advanced materials to enhance the experience.
While heavier weighted blankets often cost more, Gravity charges the same price regardless of which weight you select, though pricing varies between blanket designs.
|The Gravity Blanket||$249|
|Gravity Queen/King Blanket||$299|
|The New Cooling Blanket||$259|
**Prices listed are from company website. Prices may fluctuate on third-party sites like Amazon.
Gravity Weighted Blanket Performance
Gravity’s line of weighted blankets includes three distinct options that can accommodate many sleepers.
The Gravity Blanket and the New Cooling Blanket are approximately the size of a throw, so they might be useful in bed or while relaxing on the couch. Each of these blankets comes in three colors and three weights. There are more colors and patterns of duvet covers available for the Gravity Blanket on Gravity’s website.
The New Cooling Blanket has a special cooling fabric that wicks moisture, which might make it an excellent choice for people who tend to sleep hot.
The Gravity Queen/King Blanket is available in just one weight and color, but its larger size may make it ideal for sleepers looking for a weighted blanket that covers their whole bed.
All of the Gravity weighted blankets use fine-grade glass beads in their fill. These beads are finer than most plastic fill beads, allowing the blanket to hug the body more closely.
We’ll share our rankings (on a 1-to-10 scale) for the Gravity weighted blankets in the table below.
|Distribution of Fill||★★★★★★★☆☆☆|
|Ease and Use of Cleaning||★★★★★★★★☆☆|
- Inner Fill: The Gravity weighted blankets use fine-grade glass beads, which are a high-quality material that can lend well to comfortability. Glass beads usually allow more airflow and contour better than plastic beads.
- Outer Fill: Each weighted blanket comes with a removable duvet cover. These covers are soft to the touch, giving a cozy and comfortable feel.
- Breathability: The glass bead fill makes Gravity weighted blankets more breathable than many on the market. However, the fabric used in the duvet cover may trap heat. If sleeping hot is a concern for you, the New Cooling Blanket’s duvet cover uses a different material designed for moisture-wicking.
- Weight Options: The Gravity Weighted Blanket and the New Cooling Blanket come in three weight options: 15 pounds, 20 pounds, and 25 pounds. The Gravity Queen/King Blanket has just one weight option, which is 35 pounds.
- Distribution of Inner Fill: Each Gravity weighted blanket option uses gridded stitching. This construction is intended to keep the fill in place and prevent excessive shifting. However, some customers report issues with the beads pooling on one side.
- Durability: Gravity’s weighted blankets use high-quality materials, so we would expect them to have a similar or better life expectancy as other weighted blankets. However, a few customers note problems with the stitching splitting or coming undone.
- Ease of Use and Cleaning: The duvet cover is removable and machine washable. Gravity recommends you wash it in cold water with like colors and tumble dry on low. The inner blanket can be washed by hand. The entire blanket can also be dry cleaned.
How Do Customers Rate the Gravity Weighted Blanket?
|GravityBlankets.com||40/5 (1,516 reviews)|
|Amazon.com||3.9/5 (177 reviews)|
|Google Shopping||The Gravity Weighted Blanket: 4.3/5 (34 reviews) The New Cooling Blanket: 4.0/5 (256 reviews)|
How Heavy Should My Gravity Weighted Blanket Be?
Gravity recommends that users select a blanket that is approximately 10 percent of their body weight. If your weight falls between options, the company suggests you select the lighter option since customers often exchange heavier blankets for lighter blankets. While these guidelines are general, Gravity notes that some people may prefer a heavier or lighter blanket than the standard 10 percent ratio.
Gravity does not recommend its blankets for anyone under 50 pounds. Additionally, weighted blankets are generally not recommended for children under eight. If you have a health condition, you may want to check with your medical provider to ensure a weighted blanket is appropriate for you.
The table below shares Gravity’s weight recommendations. Keep in mind that personal preference may vary.
|Blanket Weight||Body Weight|
|15 lbs.||100+ lbs.|
|20 lbs.||180+ lbs.|
|25 lbs.||230+ lbs.|
There are a lot of weighted blankets on the market, and many can offer a similar sleep experience. With so many options available, a company’s policies and reputation may ultimately influence your purchase decision.
Here’s some key information, including availability, shipping, trial period, and warranty. We’ve also provided more information on Gravity’s background and reputation.
|Availability||Gravity weighted blankets are available through the Gravity website. You can also purchase many Gravity products through third-party vendors, including Amazon, Target, Macy’s, and Bloomingdale’s.|
|Shipping||Orders placed through the Gravity website can ship to the United States and Canada. Orders within the United States ship with UPS. Orders to Canada ship with DHL. Shipments to the contiguous United States usually arrive in five to seven business days. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada generally take 10-14 business days. Weighted blankets arrive in a plastic case. This case is required for returns, so you may wish to save it.|
|Trial||Gravity weighted blankets are returnable within 30 days of delivery. To return a blanket, you will need to email the company key information, including the name of the person who ordered it, the order number, the email address of the purchaser, the shipping address, the reason for returning, and whether you’re seeking an exchange or a refund. You will also need to attach a picture of the blanket in its original packaging. The blanket must be returned in its original plastic case. Customers are responsible for any return shipping costs.|
|Warranty||Gravity does not currently offer a warranty. However, the blankets have a 30-day return window.|
Customer Service: Buyers give Gravity’s customer service team mixed reviews. While some are satisfied, others report problems, including long response times.
Reputation: Gravity’s reputation is built primarily on weighted blankets. As it is a young company, its reputation is still developing.
BBB Rating: Gravity receives an F rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Years in Business: Gravity launched in 2017.
Physical Stores: Gravity does not have brick-and-mortar stores, but its products are available at select stores within the United States, including some Bloomingdale’s, B8ta, and Tangible locations. Some Indigo locations in Canada and Selfridges in the United Kingdom also carry Gravity weighted blankets.
Gravity Blankets Customer Service, GravityBlankets.com